Old 26-09-2005, 01:17 AM
Reel Mckoi

"rc" wrote in message
oups.com...
I've got a 400-500 gal pond with a 3ft waterfall. Its finally up and
running with plenty of plants and prob too many goldfish(21). The only
problem (other than maybe overstocking) is that I have very little
sunlight.
I want to expand to a second pond and am wondering wether they should
be connected for a larger total volume, or two separate ponds to keep
cross contamination to a minimum.

I would go with the larger volume. Preventing cross contamination would be
difficult if both ponds were in the same yard anyway. Frogs and other
critters would be carrying the parasite or disease from one to the other.
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b