Old 26-09-2005, 01:43 AM
~Roy

Thats bullshit.......cross contanimation from frogns etc etc....I
wonder why I never had any problems and my pond is loaded with frogs.
ABout the only real good 2 separate ones will do is if one pond comes
down with say a fungual infection or such, but its going to be twice
the work, and twice the problems..........and still no guarantee The
larger the volumne of water overall generally the better it is to keep
within parameters, and temp swings, ph shifts etc are not as
sudden.......I would expand the smaller one, or add a second and
connect them utilizing what ever plumbing and filtration that is
suitable for both........

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 19:17:07 -0500, "Reel Mckoi"
wrote:

===
==="rc" wrote in message
oglegroups.com...
=== I've got a 400-500 gal pond with a 3ft waterfall. Its finally up and
=== running with plenty of plants and prob too many goldfish(21). The only
=== problem (other than maybe overstocking) is that I have very little
=== sunlight.
=== I want to expand to a second pond and am wondering wether they should
=== be connected for a larger total volume, or two separate ponds to keep
=== cross contamination to a minimum.
===I would go with the larger volume. Preventing cross contamination would be
===difficult if both ponds were in the same yard anyway. Frogs and other
===critters would be carrying the parasite or disease from one to the other.

"The original frugal ponder"