Old 25-09-2005, 11:10 PM
Mike Lyle

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Nick Maclaren" wrote
A good kitchen tip he use a larding needle to insert whole
chillies. Four per lemon is usually enough.

Mike...........I hope you are not suggestingCaribbean Red or Red
Savina or
the likes.....H

It depends whether they were locally grown - ones grown here tend

be a bit anaemic.

That reminds me - I really must make lemon pickle again - that is
fairly close to the recipe :-)

Sue prefers Hot Lime Pickle!!!

Ah, that's the secret! If you let the lime flavour dominate, it
tastes like lavatory cleaner smells.

By the way, if any hot-stuff fancier hasn't tried Madhur Jaffrey's
oil-pickled limes, I urge them to get on with it right now: they're a
total knockout. See her _Eastern Vegetarian Cooking_, or ask me to
retail the recipe here.

And, on that subject, can anybody give me the straight dope on
mustard oil? My local Asian shop's stuff says "Pure mustard oil", and
then says "For external use only". Is this just one of those
well-meaning ECisms, or is there a genuine health risk involved?

--
Mike.