Old 26-09-2005, 04:00 AM
madgardener

Mix up some of this and try it. It scales up pretty well.

1 Quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide
1/4 cup baking soda
1 teaspoon dish soap

I PROMISE it'll work. See you on RCTN!
Becky A

I can't stop the rain! LOL

See you there too! it's too cold to garden, so I'll be back to my
stitching
in a few minutes!

Cheryl

I can absolutely attest to the fact that this above receipe is indeed TRUE!
Sugar has gotten skunked and pole catted twice and walked thru the area
where the spray was at and got it on her the third time. Where I couldn't do
anything about her poor eyes (the first time she got it full face, poor
baby...it's been two months and her eyes STILL have a slight "skunky" smell
to them, I've begun calling her "Stinkum's" sometimes) her ears, face,
bridge of nose, everything I used a large convenient store jug the just a
peroxide and baking soda mixture and massaged it into her face, neck, in her
ears and chest area. It worked wonderfully.

The second time she got pole catted. Yes, I know that's a skunk, but as any
Southerner knows, pole cats are wider, their white fur is dirty yellow and
more of it and less black, sometimes ALL dirty yellow white and boy do they
waddle.........and their spray is HORRIBLE. Yes as bad as skunk is, but it's
somehow different, or at least what we smelled the second time was
absolutely different from the first full frontal assault.

The third time I almost died. I was sick with the tooth thing and she came
in all downcast and apologetic as if she KNEW she was in trouble. Thank
goodness it was only walking thru the area. But the peroxide,baking soda
and dish detergent works. I used my Tangerine Tickle Vo5 shampoo in the
mixture instead of dish detergent because it doesn't dry out their skin as
badly as dish detergent or Dawn does. Even baby shampoo would be better
mixed with the other stuff as it's gentler.

She resigns herself to the baths. Smeagol isn't as adventurous as she is and
only gets a bath when he rolls into something horrible, which he has now
started doing........shades of "Rose lives!" oy vey................

I'm doing a rain dance despite that the basement foundation is subject to
imploading, it's so dry, I almost lost some major plants and shrubs in my
gardens (the bad timing of the drought and the tooth nightmare made it easy
to almost kill everything that wasn't firmly in the clay soil).

madgardener up on the ridge, much much better, overlooking English Mountain
in EAstern TEnnessee zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where they promise low's of mid
40's?? wow!