Old 26-09-2005, 07:02 AM
presley

Sometimes the best rebuttal is a direct quote:
"Ann" wrote in message Not once did I call them
idiots. I said they were the front line in a
disaster, and they failed. And no, I didn't get my info from the
hysterical newscasters, the company I work for is based in Baton Rouge
- but do continue to misrepresent what I say, it's enjoyable to see
where you will twist.....

"Excuses, excuses. Why do you feel the need to cover up for incompetence?
From the bottom, from the top, they were incompetent on all fronts. Notice
the same isn't happening in Texas. As a matter of fact, it wouldn't happen
in any state that had a strong governor or in
any city that had a strong mayor. Leaders. "

Excuse me for interpreting you accusing them of "incompetence on all fronts"
as the same as calling them idiots....
It's sometimes dangerous to parse one's own words that carefully. If the
impression that is left with most readers is the same, the precise verbiage
is important to no one but a lawyer.
Obviously I must be a fool for saying that they took virtually the same
actions as the leaders you are applauding two weeks later. (Although the
leaders two weeks later actually GOT some of the help they requested in a
timely fashion.....apparently it helps somewhat down the road when the
president and the people he appoints to FEMA have gotten egg all over their
faces).

--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts