Old 26-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Mike

"Pedro Popadopolous" wrote in message
Has anyone any idea to help me start negotiating?

Price per acre?

Thanks

Before you start any lengthy negotiations with reference to 'price per acre
building land' and 'price for a bit of agriculture land' ask ourself "What
do I want this bit of land for? How much is it worth to me?"

If it is worth £100.00 to you for what you want to do, i.e. extend your
garden then you have a price in mind.

Now go and see your neighbour and ask what they had in mind, if they say 'I
don't really know' then say that you have a figure in mind for that you want
to do with it and offer £100.00. If they come back and say 'I had thought of
more than that' they DO have a figure in mind and ask what it is. If they
come up with £1000.00, is it worth that to ou? If not, end of story.

When I was doing my business studies course, we had an exercise on marketing
and sales which included pricing of goods. The article cost to manufacture,
packaging, advertising etc etc, was, for example £1.00. "What will you sell
it for?" That was the excercise given to the groups. The groups came back
with various at around £1.50. "This article is on the market and selling
well at £3.75" 'How do you get that price?' we asked. "It's what the public
will pay for it"

How much is that bit of land worth "TO YOU"?

Would you pay £5000.00 to extend your garden?

Mike