Old 13-01-2003, 10:22 AM

Default How to annoy the pigeons?

"David Rance" wrote in message
: On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Gary Woods wrote:
:
: Sorry but since when has a flying rat been protected?
:
: Did the infamous Tom Lehrer make it across the pond?
:
: Of course he did, but it *was* back in the late '50s!
:
: In which case, am I the only one humming "Poisoning Pigeons in the Park?"
:
: "All the world is in toon
: On a spring afternoon
: When we're........"
:
: "When the birdies they see us,
: They all go to try and hide
: But they still go for peanuts
: When coated with cyanide!"
:
: My word, doesn't that bring back memories?
:
: --
: | Internet: | writing from |
: | Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
: | BBS: ICHTHUS (Reading) +44-118-946-1466 | Reading, UK |
:
It certainly does. It was a cult thing when I was in the 6th form - we all
used to go round singing all the songs at any opportunity we had.