Old 26-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Cheryl Isaak said:

Ok - the dog spooked a skunk last night and while the spray missed him, it
did hit the driveway and lawn

So, do I just have to wait it out or is there something I can do the get the
oils out of the lawn and driveway. Silly dog likes to rub himself in the
musk. Yes, I know it is normal and he's had a little vinegar rub to take
most of the edge off the stench. I'm not bathing him until I can eliminate
some of the odor on the driveway.

As far as the driveway goes, bleach, full strength, first. Then some heavy
duty detergent. I learned about this after the incident involving the skunk
with a cup stuck on his head. (I ended up throwing out the blanket that
was also involved in that incident.)

(attributed to Don Marti)