Old 26-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Andrew Hickley

In article ,
kaz44 wrote:

hi i have 2 sycamore tree stumps 2 1/2 to 3 feet wide,i want to kill
them because 1 is starting to sprout again,someone mentioned drilling
holes in the stump and putting some pellets in the holes,but i can't
seem to find any anyware,all i get in a search is the DEEP ROOT TREE
KILLER,does anyone knowwhere i can get it please?i have tried my local
garden centre,but they have'nt got any,i don't really want to go to the
expense of grinding them out.thank you kaz44

Cut channels or grooves into the top of the stump (I used a chainsaw on
large hawthorn bushes - a bow-saw would be *much* harder work) and brush
Amcide onto the stump. I used to get 100 per cent results. Amcide is
ammonium sulphamate and, ironically, is sold by the Organic Gardening
Catalogue!