Old 26-09-2005, 09:17 AM
p.k.

Mike wrote:

How much is that bit of land worth "TO YOU"?

Would you pay £5000.00 to extend your garden?

Mike

andCharlie Pridham wrote:

The going rate appears roughly that for building plots per acre, so be
prepared to pay a lot for a little!

exactly so, best part of 20 yeas ago, i sold the end 10m*10m bit of my
mother's garden to the rear neighbour to "square off" his L-shaped garden
for £3000 (I had power of attourney while she was in a nursing home). I've
just checked a website giving land value trends and, amazingly, that was
bang on the mark for residential building land o/s london.

Value to us, zero. Garden was if anything better proportioned without that
bit & we needed cash to pay fees.

Value to neigbour: Lots as odd difficlut to use L-shaped garden transformed
into nicely proportioned rectangle = easier to use and to sell.

pk