Old 26-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Ivor Biggin-Hill
writes

I have the white version 'Tsuki Yorine Shisha' medium cactus, but this year,
it was a slow-grower (only 90 cm high) - I think the cold snap in April was
to blame.

Oh, I do have two dahlias that are ages behind and are still only just
budding up, perhaps one of them is my lovely fimbiated one. Thanks ..
I'll go and keep and eye on them now

Re overwinter storage. My lifted tubers are dried for one week (upside-down)
wrapped in shredded newspaper and stored in the loft. I then transplant them
into the greenhouse soil in mid March..

Could you put fleece over them during winter or is mulch enough ? Are
some dahlia types more susceptible to frost than other types?

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph