Old 26-09-2005, 08:58 PM
Cereus-validus.......

Why don't a thick headed dimwit like you just go back to outer Gooberstan if
you hate the USA so much? Or is it that your sleeper cell is waiting for
instructions from Osama before you do anything?

"Belzon Bioya" wrote in message

"paghat" wrote in message
news
In article , "Belzon Bioya"
wrote:

"Cereus-validus......." wrote in message
Well, most Amerikanskys don't even vote at all.

So what, I did.

If you vote you have a right to and should criticize. If you don't vote,
don't bitch.

That's nonsense.

No, it's principles.

If the only choices are dangerous morons, criticizing is
essential, whereas voting won't magically make the candidates credible or
worthwhile.

There are always other candidates on the ballot of some type. You can also
write in who you want. Or you can lobby to get a "none of the above
option" on the ballot as some states have.

And when you invent rules by which free speech no longer applies, that
doesn't bode well for preserving it. To suggest people can't bitch if
they
don't vote would be the equivalent of my suggesting you can't bitch
unless
you participate in the revolution which our founding fathers declared to
be our DUTY "to throw off such Government" when it afflicts unalienable
rights & liberties. Voting to do away with other peoples' rights is no
better than permitting despotism to do the same, much as, come the
revolution, it will be meaningless if afterward you get no rights for
having failed to stand out front with your duty.

I'm curious about something. Are you crazy?

I mean, I suggested none of what you are saying I did. You've gone way
beyond reasonable debate by putting words in my mouth wrt free speech.

"If you vote you have a right to and should criticize. If you don't vote,
don't bitch." Is just a way of saying that people should be involved in
the process and not just complain about the government all the time.

Only a thick headed dimwit with an agenda to push would think I was
suggesting taking away anybody's right to speech.

Now calm down, switch to decaffienated, and stop making excuses on why you
didn't vote.

It's the apathetic that are the problem with this country, not the
candidates you didn't like.