Old 26-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Ann

Cheryl Isaak expounded:

Funny, I swung from mostly "liberal/Democrat" to Republican as I saw the
inside working of Mass. Dems. They may say they are on the little guys side,
but you sure as hell better not expect them to mean it.

Cheryl, my Mainiac husband thought I was wrong about liberal
Democrats, because he didn't understand the real meaning of the term
until he moved down here to Massachusetts. They're the rich ones in
this state - and they cost us all a fortune.

And I don't consider myself "rich" but having settled several estates now, I
think the estate taxes, both federal and the state, to be grossly unfair to
any "middle class" estate. First, taxes have been paid on that
income/house/stock/bond already, and will be paid again by the legatee. To
whack 30% or more just for dying is plain wrong. A more sensible approach
would be to end more the ways to avoid taxes - tax free funds for example.

I get a kick out of people saying Republicans are rich. Ya. No rich
Democrats. Hmmm......I guess no one told Kennedy that. Or Kerry. Or
oh so many others. Kennedy had a neat way of avoiding estate taxes,
his mother, Rose, was a Florida resident. Uh-huh. Right. His family
definitely paid their fair share of inheritance taxes.

And I think it is time for the average Republican to take back our party.

There is no Republican party to take back in Massachusetts, they've
given up. And the Democratic party doesn't resemble what it is in
other parts of the country.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts