Old 13-01-2003, 08:21 PM
Bob H

Default Lawn colour question

Hi,
my back garden lawn has gone into a rather sorry state this last few months or
so.

When I was mowing it, usually in the same up/down motions everytime, I found after a
while that the grass was going a very pale colour and growing horizontally, in
thickish stems. I then decided to rake it regularly throughout the autumn, in various
directions, and I pulled out a lot of what seems to have been dead grass. This has
now left bare patches on my lawn, which I have attempted to repair.

Also, I noticed that the grass grows unevenly. That is to say, there are a lot of
individual clumps of green grass growing, but then there is a lot of paler areas
where it doesn't grow very well at all.

I have tried proprietry feed and weed powders each summer to get rid of the weeds,
but I seem to have done more harm than good here.

Any advice as to what would be the best route to get it back in shape again?

Thanks

--
Bob H
Leeds UK