Old 27-09-2005, 07:32 AM
Neil Tonks

"Leslie" wrote in message
Hello , help needed
Am I to late to plant out onion sets of Japanese over wintering onions.

I have been looking to purchase these sets without any success all ideas
welcomed

Mine went in 10 days ago but it's not too late, they've only been in the
shops for a couple of weeks (around here, anyway!).

You do need to get them planted asap because the better rooted they get
before the cold, wet weather arrives, the more chance they have of
surviving.

They're always a bit of a risk unless you live somewhere very sheltered, so
don't be disappointed if they don't all survive through to spring.

Neil.