Old 13-01-2003, 08:32 PM

Default Which beer in the slugtrap ?

A long deceased market gardener friend of ours told us that slugs were
attracted to sugar in plants-transplanted lettuces contained more sugar
and this is why he preferred to thin out his lettuce seedlings rather than
transplant.
Slugs have definite potato preferences. King Edwards are a favorite with
slugs and this may be related to higher sugar levels.
Beer with added sugar, fermenting mixture or sweet stout seem to be good
bets

"Jon Green" wrote in message
HaaRoy wrote:

Is there any preffered beer ?

Anything sufficiently malty. It seems (to me) to be the smell of the
malt that attracts them.

Jon
--
SPAM BLOCK IN USE! Replace 'deadspam' with 'green-lines' to reply in

email.
Want a free solution to email spam? Try http://www.deadspam.com/
(Declaration of interest: I own/run the domain.)