Old 27-09-2005, 10:01 AM
Persephone

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:31:29 -0700, Persephone wrote:

Hi, Folks -

My tomatoes did well this year, thank goodness.
This is Southern California coastal.

The cherry tomatoes really went ape. (That they
are next to the compost heap may be a factor!)

I canned some regular tomatoes earlier this year.

Now wondering if anyone has experience/comment
on whether cherry tomatoes are good for canning.
If so, would you can whole, or puree, or...?

Thanks for advice.

'Preciate all the interesting messages about drying.
Not planning to get a dehydrator at this stage, however.
Will just do standard canning -- or maybe freeze.

--

Persephone