Old 27-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Mike

I bet the twenty eight other people who lived there before don't like you
anymore though..

The piece of land was bounded by 28 back gardens, mine included. Just one
property, an end of terrace in the next road, had a wide side garden. The
previous owner to my house had approached the owner and asked if he wanted
to sell the side garden. No.

I did look at the possibility of demolishing my house for access, but as it
was a large detached house and not a financially viable proposition.

I had been in the house nearly four years, when out of the blue, the chappy
in the next road put his house up for sale and on the open market. The first
thing I knew was when the For Sale sign went up. I bought it at the asking
price, separated the side garden off and sold the house. Separated the land
from my house. Sold the land and sold the house I was living in. Planning
department had told me they wanted the small pockets of land within the City
Boundary so planning permission was no problem.

The neighbours appealed against the planning permission and it was thrown
out.

Simplicity in itself was for them to buy the house and land. Separate the
land off and make a small park with a covenant on it to the benefit of ALL
the neighbours. ALL would have had to agree the removal and built on.

Mike