Old 27-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Mike Lyle

Mike wrote:
I bet the twenty eight other people who lived there before don't
like you anymore though..

The piece of land was bounded by 28 back gardens, mine included.

Just
one property, an end of terrace in the next road, had a wide side
garden. The previous owner to my house had approached the owner and
asked if he wanted to sell the side garden. No.

I did look at the possibility of demolishing my house for access,

but
as it was a large detached house and not a financially viable
proposition.

I had been in the house nearly four years, when out of the blue,

the
chappy in the next road put his house up for sale and on the open
market. The first thing I knew was when the For Sale sign went up.

bought it at the asking price, separated the side garden off and

sold
the house. Separated the land from my house. Sold the land and sold
the house I was living in. Planning department had told me they
wanted the small pockets of land within the City Boundary so

planning
permission was no problem.

The neighbours appealed against the planning permission and it was
thrown out.

Simplicity in itself was for them to buy the house and land.

Separate
the land off and make a small park with a covenant on it to the
benefit of ALL the neighbours. ALL would have had to agree the
removal and built on.

Simplicity itself. 28 people get their organisation and some money
together before one profiteer acting on his own and with a head
start. A definition of "simplicity itself" with which I was
previously unfamiliar. Enjoy being proud of yourself.