Old 27-09-2005, 07:44 PM
Jim Lewis

Steven Peterson wrote:
Hi,

While you're discussing soil, I wonder what you would
think about using Oil Dri in a bonsai mix. I read
somewhere somebody recommended it.

Many folks use Oil Dri; I've heard reports that it (like
some Kitty Litters) is of mixed quality and that some of it
turns into goo on occasion.

Also, what sand is appropriate? I've only found
"all-purpose" sand at hardware stores. I thought I would
need something fairly coarse.

Coarse sand blasting sand is OK. Swimming pool filter sand
in the coarser sizes (if you can find it these days) also works.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++