Old 27-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Kinia Surrat Mugab

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
I bought some cactus cuttings on eBay, and while that was going on, the
weather turned cool.

Would the cuttings be better off outside where it is sunny but the ground
it cool and the air temperature gets cold at night, or in my basement
under lights where I can keep them warm but the light is not as good?

I had planned on rooting them outdoors and then bringing them in at the
first frost, but several days of cold rain kind of messed up my plans.

It's going to depend on where you live.

You need to let the cactus wound dry and scale over before you plant it in
the ground. If it is already too cold and wet where you are, bring it
inside.

After it has hardened over you can put it in well drained soil with some
sand mixed in. water it once, and leave it alone. It takes a long time to
get roots and show some growth, so be patient. I have a Ceres that took a
year to root and hopefully show growth after this winter.