Old 27-09-2005, 09:38 PM
Tiziano

Default cork leftovers

my portuguese lady brought from portugal a sort
of cork crumbs exactly derived from teh
smoothening the outer side of cork to make corks
for bottles

I asked her to bring me some for orchids .. and
the portuguese guy confirmed a lot of orchid
growers use it ..

now I was wondering if it might be good to
include it in the soil mix to make it more aerate
& draining, I am actually using sequoia bark that
is sterilized and cut into dices with a very
satisfactory result for maple & junipers , I mix
it with some soil and puozzolane/pumice (
broken lava ) and sand I am zone 7

any opinion suggestion experience advice ?
thanks