Old 27-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Michel Bourgeois

Michael:

Should I use pine bark? Because I don't want any organic in the soil... so
if you tell me to use barks there certainly a good raison.

Thank you,

Michel

Michael Persiano wrote:

River sand, and Virginia pine bark should be
fine. Equal parts of each should work well. If
you are going to use this mix with fertilizer
cakes, be certain to lightly rake the surface of
the root pad once every 2-3 weeks to ensure water
penetration.

I would suggest that you not use lava stone or perlite for bonsai culture.

Hi Michael
may I ask why not to use lava stone ? what do
you mean by lava stone, the light floating
pumice or the pouzzolane that is more coarse and
heavy ?
thanks

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
****

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++

****
++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
****
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++