Old 27-09-2005, 10:08 PM
kate

Jim Carlock wrote:
Does anyone know how long lemon balm lasts? If it ever
flowers? When does it seed?

I've had some for about a year. The summer months seem
to take a toll on it. It's planted outdoors. I planted it last
June or there abouts, give or take a month. It doesn't look
too well at the moment, and in fact there's very few leaves
left upon it. I know some plants seem to just disappear
and then re-emerge when the season is right. Is Lemon
Balm one of those plants?

Tennessee chiming in. My lemon balm is 3 years old. Hasn't bloomed yet
and looks pretty straggly in the summer. I usually harvest in the spring
and dry it for year round use. I've read that it spreads, but mine has
yet to do that.

Kate