Old 28-09-2005, 02:54 AM
Michael Persiano

In a message dated 9/27/2005 6:38:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

Michael:

Should I use pine bark? Because I don't want any organic in the soil... so
if you tell me to use barks there certainly a good raison.

Thank you,

Michel

Michel:

I would consider using organic content, such as bark. Organics provide a
continuous supply of nutrients OVER TIME. They serve as a source of nitrogen
and trace elements, and, in the case of bonsai culture, contribute to the soil
structure.

However, if you decide not to use bark, I suggest that you add some organic
content in the form of fertilizer cakes to ensure a constant, so release of
nutrients to your bonsai. In addition, consider adding frequent feedings of a
chemical fertilizer (20-20-20) to push growth with immature specimens, i.e.,
those that have yet to achieve your design objectives.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++