Old 28-09-2005, 02:58 AM
Michael Persiano

In a message dated 9/27/2005 9:15:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I use a hose & nozzle to spray my 5/16 lava over a screen, one shovel
full at a time.
Jim

Jim:

As mentioned, I have been on the receiving end of bonsai that have suffered
as a result of not removing the fines.

I yield to your experience in CA. I would add that growing trees in the
northeastern US can present additional challenges, particularly if the soil does
not nearly dry out on a daily basis during the growing season. For this
reason, I always suggest that practitioners consult local bonsai clubs to
determine what soil mixes work best in their particular areas.

Cordially,

Michael Persiano
members.aol.com/iasnob

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++