Old 28-09-2005, 04:28 AM
Cereus-validus.......

Why on earth would you think a silhouette would be any good for
identification?

This time try taking pictures with the curtains pulled down and close up so
one can actually see some detail.

A ruler in the pix for size comparison is a good idea too.

Don't believe it to be an Asparagus but it is still very nondescript from
the pix.

Dr. House and I try our darnedest to be very good at diagnoses.

"Sterling" wrote in message
Cereus-validus....... wrote:
I wouldn't even hazard a guess from such bad pictures.

Never use back lighting for a picture of a plant you want identified.

This plant is very difficult to photograph - try this one for a flash
fill... I thought the back lighting showed the silhouette better...

http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/myst3.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/myst4.jpg

I have tried putting it against a plain white wall to photograph it but
the shadows of the million tiny leaves make it even harder to distinguish.

Suggestions are welcome. And you have an excellent track record for
identification.

TIA,
Sterling