Old 28-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Travis

DrLith wrote:
Sterling wrote:
I posted over on the binaries.pictures.gardens but no
response so
far... thought I'd try here too...

I bought this in 1972 as a tiny 89 cent pot plant and I have
never seen another one just like it... I think it is some
kind of
asparagus but not any that I can identify.

I have never seen any flower or fruit on it - however
'insignificant'. I have tried to divide it and nearly killed
it.

It has appreciable thorns.

TIA,
Sterling

http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/plant.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/plant_cu.jpg

also a baby tree of some kind...?? About 10" tall - shot with
piece of white paper behind to increase detail. Looks like
some
kind of pine or fir??
http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/baby_tree.jpg

My thoughts are some sort of bamboo, but (a) it's hard to tell,
because the photo doesn't show the stem well at all; and (b)
there are a
gazillion and one types of bamboo out there. Many species have
thorns.

Name one bamboo that has thorns.

snip

USDA Zone 8