Old 28-09-2005, 05:03 PM
The Other Mike

Default Overseeding...too early?

Live in NJ and want to overseed and do the winter fertilization. I
just aerated the lawn last weekend and want to know if it's too early
to do the seeding? I know it's "officially" fall but it's still
supposed to be near 80 this weekend (is that too hot?). Should I wait
a few more weeks or will that be too late?

Also...when I overseed (this is my first time), I know I have to water
more often to get the seed started but won't that hurt my other
existing grass since everything I've read says to only water once per
week?