Old 28-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Jim Lewis

Steven Peterson wrote:
Hi All,

I recently purchased an azalea, a japanese holly, and a chinese elm from nurseries. They are still in their nursery pots. I'm assuming that I shouldn't repot until spring, but what should I do with them until then? Should I plant them in my garden? If so, would it help to make a plastic tent to protect them for the coldest nights? I think I want the holly and azalea to thicken a bit, so planting may be best, but I may the elm I may want to pot in the spring. Will it survive in a shed over the winter?

Thanks,
Steve
Philadelphia, Pa

If azalea grow in peoples' yards in Philly, by all means put
them in the ground. You have no worries with the holly and
the elm; they're hardy.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

++++Sponsored, in part, by Bob Pastorio++++
-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --
+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++