Old 28-09-2005, 04:59 PM
Michael Persiano

Michel:

Akadama is a superb medium for growing bonsai trees. The other components are all fine. From an aesthetic perspective, I simply do not like to see "white" or "red" in soil mixes--my quirks.

This is an interesting email, and I would encourage many of you to share your trees via similar links to webpages.

Although unsolicitied, the Hornbeam will require carving to create a desirable taper in your future design for the tree. The other large specimens are interesting, and some will benefit from major chopping and eventually carving after they take root.

Your passion for the art is inspiring. );-)

Cordially,

Michael Persiano