Old 28-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Travis

DrLith wrote:
Travis wrote:
DrLith wrote:

Sterling wrote:
I posted over on the binaries.pictures.gardens but no
response so far... thought I'd try here too...

I bought this in 1972 as a tiny 89 cent pot plant and I
have
never seen another one just like it... I think it is some

kind of asparagus but not any that I can identify.

I have never seen any flower or fruit on it - however
'insignificant'. I have tried to divide it and nearly
killed
it.

It has appreciable thorns.

TIA,
Sterling

http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/plant.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/plant_cu.jpg

also a baby tree of some kind...?? About 10" tall - shot
with
a piece of white paper behind to increase detail. Looks
like some kind of pine or fir??
http://home.comcast.net/~sterhill/baby_tree.jpg

My thoughts are some sort of bamboo, but (a) it's hard to
tell,
because the photo doesn't show the stem well at all; and
(b)
there are a gazillion and one types of bamboo out there.
Many
species have thorns.

Name one bamboo that has thorns.

Guadua angustifolia (a south american bamboo)
Bambusa spinosa
Bambusa sinospinosa
Bambusa blumeana
Bambusa bambos