Old 28-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Gail Futoran

"J.D. Stone" wrote in message

That's a reasonable theory, but I'm one of the
rec.ponders who has steadfastly stayed out of
the [you-know-what-mess g]. So if someone
signed me up hoping to cause trouble for the list,
they'd simply be bored!

Gail

It may have been someone trying to cause trouble for the list but I was
sure ticked, especially being set to emails. Might have been less ticked
if they'd use digest.. Besides unsubscribing I also forwarded it to the
abuse. Maybe they'll figure it out but more likely just ignore it. Guess I
agree with Derek. A real list manager should require confirmation and the
whole thing may have been bogus 'cause I didn't get any emails before I
unsubscibed.

--
J.D. Stone
http://www2.itexas.net/jdstone

I probably should have done what you did.
Maybe if enough people complained they
would do something.

Gail