Old 28-09-2005, 10:28 PM
ned

Mike Fitzpatrick wrote:
I have a Kilmarnock weeping willow about 8 yrs old, maybe 5ft to

it's
highest point, the canopy covers an area of about 5ft diameter in

the
form of an umbrella. Do I need to prune or just leave to do what it
does naturally, This year we got no little furry catkins at all but
have done in previous years, however we did attempt a hack job last
autumn. What is best please?
Mike

Ours must be about 15 years old at the very least and maybe about 9
feet tall.
All we do is to trim out the old dead wood each year in the autumn -
and any errant stems that appear to have forgotten which direction
they are supposed to be aiming in.
It is now a classic hollow bee-hive shape.

--
ned

http://www.bugsandweeds.co.uk
last update 22.09.2005