Old 29-09-2005, 03:59 PM
debbie_7155 debbie_7155 is offline
Registered User

Location: UK Lincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo
I have a conifer which was originally in a small pot display (given to me as
a present a few years ago). The pot got broken and the rest of the display
died. I replanted the conifer in a bed and now it's grown to about 4ft
high. It's got a lot larger than I expected. It could do with being moved
over a few feet...would this kill it? I haven't a clue how big the roots
may be and I don't want to kill the tree by moving it. Any advice?

Jo
hi joe i moved a small conifer about 2 ft tall 4 weeks ago, the roots were not that long..
i dug about a foot all the way around it digging careful as i wasnt sure how long the roots would be, just dig carefully even using your hands to dig,
then all i did was dug another hole put compost in it then watered it in
& its fine.

we had some conifer trees dug out aswell as we didnt want them when we moved into this property that were about 30ft tall & the roots on them were no longer than about 6ft long
aparantly we got told it depends on what conifers they are as some can have very long roots on them