Old 29-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Bacchae

"yuri" wrote in message ...

Hello all.
I bought this orchid recently (without flowers).
Can anyone help me to determine which orchid this is.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/yuri.boskamp/RIMG1214.JPG

Thanks, Yuri

With all due respect to the other poster on this thread, you can tell what
this orchid likely *isn't* from the picture supplied. Now, I admit that I
am not even remotely the expert that a great many others on this board are
but I'd say that it is NOT similar to any of my:

1) Phalenopsis

2) Dendrobium

3) Cymbidium

Where did you buy the plant? If you got it at a grocery store, a Walmart or
a Home Depot (or similar bulk store) then the possibilities are narrowed
down a bit more. From the domain name though it appears that you might be
European in which case I am no help at all. You can always call back to the
store where you bought it and ask for the manager of the plant department
and ask what orchids were brought in around your purchase date and perhaps
we can go from there.

Good luck!

- Sandy