Old 29-09-2005, 04:45 PM
shazzbat

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
Broadback writes:

| Is that like the warning for the long heatwave forecast for this

Summer?

Yes.

| If they cannot get today or tomorrow correct what chance the next few
| months?

Some meterologists are extremely proud of those forecasts because,
in the past few years, they have started to be more reliable than
listening to the oldest inhabitant of the local pub. Others feel
that the difference in reliability is small.

I read somewhere that if you forecast every day that tomorrows weather would
be the same as todays, you would have a success rate comparable with the
forecasts on TV.

Steve.