Old 29-09-2005, 11:05 PM
Reel Mckoi

"Priscilla McCullough" wrote in message
I'm glad you had a good summer with your fish.
Sorry about the turtle. I got a neice a yellow belly? Something like that.
It was her birthday present. She keeps it in the house.

## A yellow belly? That sounds like some kind of slider. Ours was a
red-ear slider just like the ones they used to sell in all the pet stores
and 5 & 10s years ago. It was green at first, then turned brown. Our
turtle just showed up one day in the pond and stayed for the summer. We
enjoyed watching and feeding him/her since last April or May. It had
quadrupled in size. We also had a baby snapper but relocated that one to
the nearby lake. We get snappers almost every summer but since they go
after the fish we remove them.

Several hours during the day though she takes it out. I bought a little
preform pond and sunk it in the ground. Put somelittle bricks in there so
it can get in and out. We have chicken wire going around the pond about 2
ft so it can sun itself. It seems happy.

## I bet she's enjoying it! :-) I remember the turtles I had as a
kid.....

I just gave away a bunch of my baby Koi and Sarasa's. I put a add in the
paper for free pond fish. I go out to the callers house and make sure they
have a healthy pond before I give them my fish.
Priss

## I've been selling or trading my excess fish with stores in the area that
handle pond supplies and fish. I can only hope for the best for them. I
usually have too many to check out where they're all going, when they leave
here. The ones that went to the pond across the road I can visit any time
I want... and I'm enjoying watching that large pond mature and the fish they
got from me grow and thrive. :-)
--
McKoi.... frugal ponding since 1995...
My Pond Page http://tinyurl.com/cuq5b