Old 30-09-2005, 07:17 AM
Reka

In article ,
says...
Bryan ) wrote:
: Hi Kenni:

: I am in Western Canada, Vancouver more specifically. Weather is very much
: like Seattle . I have my orchids growing in an enclosed balconey. Humidity
: ranges from 45-75%, thanks to a aquarium close by. Temp ranges from 80 to 60
: degrees. Lighting is by a North window and supplementd by a 400 watt Metal
: Halide.

Bryan,

I grow Vandas indoors like you and I have a couple of them potted up in
Aliflor (which is an expanded clay product). The Aliflor holds just the
right amount of moisture around the roots so they don't rot. It's difficult
to provide the quantity of moisture they need when mounted in a basket
indoors. I have a couple of Vandas that are in baskets and they are a lot
harder to maintain than the potted ones. Root development is significantly
greater in the potted Vandas versus the ones in baskets.

Dave

Dave, can you post pics on ABPO? Are they in actual pots, or in
something airier? Gee, I hope you are still online, 'cause I am too
curious to wait until you wake up!!! I need a solution for mine!
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html