Old 30-09-2005, 01:51 PM
JP in Lon

"Malcolm" wrote in message

Tomato seeds are capable of passing through the guts of birds (1) and
still being viable, so I would guess one hitched a lift into your
garden.

(1) And humans! When I were a lad I bird-watched on an old fashioned
sewage farm, the kind where the sludge, after spending a year in large
pits, was spread on fields on which crops were then grown. Tomato plants
flourished all over the place. I used to take tomatos home but for some
reason my mother wouldn't serve them in a salad but only ever made
chutney with them :-)

Well, I sincerely hope that it came from a bird... :@)

What kind of protective gear would you have to wear in one of those places?

And surely some olfactory protection?, no?

--
J.P. in London.