Old 15-01-2003, 09:53 AM
JennyC

Default Building a Garden Webpage

"Martin Sykes" wrote in message
news
I'm planning on revamping my website (
www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~sykesm)
this summer once the garden gets going again. Two questions:

1. What sort of content do people find interesting? I was thinking

initially
maybe a page showing the development of each of the various 'rooms'

in the
garden which were only started last year and an 'arty' page for

close-ups of
interesting flowers etc.

I like lots of photo's :
- before and after ones
- arty flowers
- nice general views

Names of plants are handy in case you want to get something yourself
:~)

2. I received a digital camera (4.0Megapixels) and a scanner for

Christmas.
I already have an SLR camera with a Macro lens. What do people

recommend for
the best garden pictures - Using the digital camera or using the SLR

and
scanning the prints?

Digital quality is so good now that I think it probably beats SLR for
the web. The only reason to sometimes scan in an SLR photos is the
extra possibilities you may have on the camera to do 'arty' things :~)

I had a look at your site........

I like the set up but may I suggest that you make the navigation a bit
more visible. I did not immediately see the drop down box in the left
hand corner.

The garden border at the bottom of the page is fun :~)
But the bees drove me mad !

The negatives in the side panels are cleverly done.

Good luck with the project and keep us posted :~)
Jenny