Old 30-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Frank Logullo

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
. ..
Here in Normandy we are continuing a historical drought, the worst on
record. All is burnt looking, a sharp contrast from the usual year-round
green. Even the well and our stream have gone dry, which has never
occured according to the oldest locals.

We've been using gray water for the plants all summer. Now as the
time to empty the pool is near, I wonder if folks think it would be OK
to give plants and young shrubs chlorinated water. Haven't been
able to find a definitive source on the web to answer this question.
The water will not be very chlorinated. I haven't done a PH, but I've
only given it 3 tabs all year.

Seems to me it should be OK, but thought I'd ask the assembled
wisdom before hooking up me pump.

Should be OK. Our swim club pumps out into marshy area and there's plenty
of vegetation there. There's probably enough stuff in the soil to
neutralize any chlorine. Also pool pH, I think should be about 6.4, which is
also OK.
Frank