Old 30-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Kenni Judd

I think that might depend on which and how much Rhynchostylis is in the
ancestry. Rhy. gigantea is one that find does better in pots with medium
than bare in the basket. Kenni

"Dave Sheehy" wrote in message
Kenni Judd ) wrote:
: Hi, K: Although most of our vandaceous are grown without medium, there
are
: few that seem to need a little. I've not grown V. Paki, so can't speak
: specifically to that one, but I would not recommend heavy feeding for
any
: "sick" plant. Humidity, yes, the more the better, and a root stimulant
: would not be a bad thing.

Hi Kenni,

I have the same problem as Kay except it's with a Vascostylus and not a
Vanda.
I sprayed it with a single application of Superthrive but nothing
happened.
That's been a successful trick I've used in the past on other orchids to
stimulate root development but it didn't work here. It seems like applying
the Superthrive for a longer period of time is what has worked for you.

I'm also wondering if there's anything unique about Vascostylus
culture-wise
that distinguishes them from other Vandids? It sure seems a lot more
stubborn
than my other Vandas and Ascdas.

Dave