Old 30-09-2005, 09:29 PM
chris French

In message , Kay
writes
In article , Ceri Davies
writes
I've traded in my old plot for a larger one at the same site, so it's
planning time. I'm thinking of putting out some raspberries (and
possibly blackberries, though they're common enough round here that I
may not bother) and since it's nearly the time of year where I'd be
cutting back an established plant I wonder when I should be planting out
new ones. Any suggestions?

If container grown, any time. Otherwise, now.

Or anytime over winter if necessary, before the new growth starts.

snip

Someone else will have to explain raspberries as I don't do them.

Basically two sorts, Autumn and Summer fruiting.

Autumn fruiting, fruit later (as you might expect) on this years wood.
So cut down all shoots to near the ground in the winter.

Summer fruiting fruit on last years wood, so you need to prune out the
old wood after fruiting has finished.
--
Chris French