Old 01-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Mark

Default Pacific Northwest Coast problems

I just posted a question tomatoes in the Pacific Northwest. I was
wondering why my tomatoes had such a problem growing this year.

I try to grow a garden with mostly vegetables up here. The last several
years we've been able to can, freeze and dry most of our produce and it
lasts most of the winter. This year has been different - in addition to
our tomato problem we've also had a reduced yield in corn, beans,
peppers, lettuce, etc. Our potato crop has been 'as ever' - excellent
and our fruit trees have had a good year.

I'd like to get feedback from any local growers - is it my soil or the
weather or....!!!!!!?????? I consider myself 'somewhat' informed but
this year has left me puzzled...I'm thinking of ordering new seeds from
this next years cataloges and new methods of gardening.

Again, ANY information will be very much appreciated. This newsgroup has
been a 'life-send' in the past with information I couldn't find in any
books.

Thanks again.

Mark