Old 01-10-2005, 12:48 PM
Mike Lyle

Flower Bobdew wrote:
Most of the advice I've seen, so far, has suggested over wintering

my
potted bay tree safely indoors - preferably somewhere with a

minimum
temperature of 5 degrees.

Just wondering... Many people in here successfully over winter

their
bay trees simply leaving them outside - possibly moving the pot to

slightly more sheltered spot and being vigilant, in terms of
temperatures falling below a certain temperature?

I've never moved one indoors in Wales or Glos, and my mother leaves
hers out in London. All these are close to the walls, which shelters
them a bit: compass direction doesn't seem to matter. They "burn" a
bit in severe frosts, and I suppose you have to avoid the container
freezing solid; but in those areas we've got away without doing
anything.

--
Mike.