Old 01-10-2005, 01:07 PM
Juan Honglow

"Flower Bobdew" wrote in message

Most of the advice I've seen, so far, has suggested over wintering my
potted bay tree safely indoors - preferably somewhere with a minimum
temperature of 5 degrees.

Just wondering... Many people in here successfully over winter their bay
trees simply leaving them outside - possibly moving the pot to a slightly
more sheltered spot and being vigilant, in terms of temperatures falling
below a certain temperature?

--
Flower Bobdew
South Facing Garden

in Hampshire, we get the odd really cold few days but we have never made a
point of moving the bays. The potted, well established, ones remain where
they are out in the open and the smaller ones which we are training
(spiralled approx 200mm high) stay behind the garage out of any wind where
they still see the cold.

dj