Old 01-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Steve

K Barrett wrote:
I need a way to afford more orchids, as per Rob's rules, *G*, so I was
researching stocks/mutual funds on MSN.com when the E*Trades advertisement
expanded, swooped over my line of sight and virtually captured my monitor
for 15-20 seconds. I couldn't close the ad. I couldn't continue what I was
doing until the ad's animation finished and reduced its self back into the
ad space, returning control of my monitor to me - something straight out of
'Outer Limits'.

Ah! These clever e-commerce mavens. They've designed a new way to tick us
off. First it was banner ads, then pop ups, now this swoop.

I assume there's some sort of setting I need to change. Turn off active-x
or something... anyone have any tips?

K Barrett

You know what ticks me off? People who are foolish enough to respond to
things like that. I usually think about this with e-mail. What if not
one person ever bought anything advertised in a spam e-mail? Nobody
would sit there and create spam if they made no money for their efforts.
I can't imagine myself giving money to someone who just spammed me,
but millions of people must do it.
The same applies to the ads that prompted you to post this. How can
people be so stupid as to reward these people with their business?

Steve