Old 01-10-2005, 06:54 PM
K Barrett

Dusty, I found it, I answered my own question. maybe I'm not so helpless
after all, LOL!

"K Barrett" wrote in message
"dusty" wrote in message
"K Barrett" wrote in
:

I need a way to afford more orchids, as per Rob's rules, *G*, so I was
researching stocks/mutual funds on MSN.com when the E*Trades
advertisement expanded, swooped over my line of sight and virtually
captured my monitor for 15-20 seconds. I couldn't close the ad. I
couldn't continue what I was doing until the ad's animation finished
and reduced its self back into the ad space, returning control of my
monitor to me - something straight out of 'Outer Limits'.

Ah! These clever e-commerce mavens. They've designed a new way to
tick us off. First it was banner ads, then pop ups, now this swoop.

I assume there's some sort of setting I need to change. Turn off
active-x or something... anyone have any tips?

K Barrett

I has always amazed me that ad makers think they have to flash you in

the
face to get a sale.

Most ad's like that are written in JavaScript you can turn it off in

most
browsers but be aware that some other web page functions may not work

like
drop downs and buttons.

OK, just to show you how truly stupid I am I assume this is a check box in
IE under ToolsInternet option advanced settings or somesuch? Or is

there
a popup blocker for these? (Heck maybe I should google this, LOL!!)

Thanks dusty!