Old 01-10-2005, 04:23 PM
Mike Lyle

Mab wrote:
Hi
My Acer is starting to look very wind burnt and I don't have a
sheltered spot to keep it in. I know they are hardy and don't get

too
badly damaged by frost but the winds get very blowy and nippy where

live. Is it OK to winter it indoors until the spring?

I wouldn't want it to get warm enough to think it was spring already.
They don't like exposure at any time of the year, but I'd leave it
outside, preferably protecting the roots from frost: you can wrap the
pot up in bubble-wrap or closed-cell foam. And you can stand it on a
couple of bricks, or use pot feet: I expect you've got a good layer
of drainage material in the bottom of the pot, but this won't work so
well if the pot's directly on the ground.

--
Mike.